Sunday, March 13, 2016

Why oh why?!?

Note to my dear Children, Grandchildren, Sister and Brothers


To My Dear Children and Grandchildren - Sister and Brothers…

This is my attempt to carry on all that is unique to our family.  Since the day your father and I were married over three decades ago, I have “filed” the family photos into a large Rubbermaid bin (well... not actually filed).  While the family recipes are neatly organized by category, many recipes are written on little slips of paper with fading ink… and the family history/genealogy… more Rubbermaid bins.

You get the picture...

Realizing that you will not want to deal with all of this some day, this blog is my attempt to share with you what is important to me to pass on to you and your children.  While I know that some of you may not be particularly fond of German potato salad, bread pudding or haak, the old family recipes will be included in case you ever have the inkling to try something from generations past. 

The pictures and the people are important to me.  I  hope to convey why... they are all a little part of you and why you are the way you are. 

It is important to LOVE and LIVE in the present... but it is also important to LOOK and LEARN from our pasts.

I love you all… xxoo